Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tissue Tags On The Lips Of Dogs

Beijing

Beijing, the capital of the People's Republic of China, impressed only by its sheer size. Nearly 18 million people live in the city. When I was in 2007 pose a flight to Shanghai in the morning the view from 12 km altitude on Beijing, I was of the dimensions of the city a bit surprised. The first time I came to Beijing in April 2007 and have next to my hotel, the My client's office, the Forbidden City, a part of the Great Wall and the Summer Palace seen little of the city itself. This time I am not one of the major hotels in the city center but came under privately with friends. Between the fifth and sixth city ring relative to even the image of modern office towers or 30stöckigen residential units in buildings of manageable height and less wide streets. There still has the one-or two-story building, in which of the garage to the confectioners each Workshop seems to be at home, where repairs are still on the square in front of the garage, the cars outside. Along small gardens, the more likely pass for a small plantations, the modern Peking appears suddenly with his Western glossy facades, all to be far away. However, there is nothing of the more traditional hutongs remained. Who wants to see the old, typical property again, the Shichahai was down to my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment