Thursday, May 6, 2010

Red Lipstick On Blonde Fair

East Shangri-La Jakarta

Since I had entered the Shangri-La in Jakarta for the first time to visit the Bats (Bar At The Shangri-La), germinated in me a desire at least once a night to spend to pass in those hotels. However, it emerged during my business trips there is nothing. But since I, the Icelandic volcanic eruption had my entire trip planning jumbled had I change plans a little. Astri helped me with the booking of hotels in Jakarta, but one night was a misunderstanding on the track. And somehow all seemed reasonably affordable hotels to be booked. So I looked online for a place to stay for one night and then got stuck at the Shangri-La Jakarta. A room in the Executive Floor was still on, for a mere € 300. The alternatives were not really that: the presidential suite at the Gran MeliĆ” for a mere € 2,300, a grand suite at the Grand Hyatt for 450 €, etc. So I bit the bullet and booked the room at the Shangri-La. And I'm with a corresponding expectation I arrived there, then. The check in was quick and easy. And probably too fast for the room service, because the room was not ready when we arrived. So we could then treat us in the lounge for a drink on the house. Ca. half an hour later the lady came from the reception and said that the room would be ready. So hurry up ... The card is inserted into the door and already we got into our 43qm deluxe rooms with 42 "LCD TV, a shower big enough for a volleyball team and a beautiful view from the 18th floor of the hotel pool :-) All the ingredients for a unforgettable night were there ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment